Transferring a business into someone else's hands is a particularly challenging task which requires experience and comprehensive project management. It should always be carried out according to plan and professionally.
Entrepreneurs can secure management succession by selling their business. Large corporations’ strategic goals may be to concentrate on their core business, or to secure additional financial resources for other investments, or to exit from markets where they cannot reach the position they aspire to. Financial investors effect disposals to fulfil their scheduled exit strategy.
Owners can only sell their business once. So it makes sense to entrust this task to the best qualified adviser.
A good adviser pays for his fees many times over.
- Development of disposal strategy
- Market surveys and research
- Business valuation
- Identification of preferred aquirers - worldwide
- Strategic acquirers
- Financial investors
- Management (MBI/MBO)
- Information memorandum and documentation
- Approach to potential acquirers without revealing the client’s identity
- Management and control of the entire disposal process up to completion
- Structuring of the transaction/design of participation models
- Price and contract negotiations
- Close co-operation with legal and tax advisers and accountancy firms/auditors
- Organization of due diligence/(electronic) data room
Our experience covers the different procedures used for the disposal of businesses both nationally and internationally including controlled auctions and we are able to apply them accordingly.